What’s up dear readers ? I’ve been absent for almost two months. It was for a good reason, I was working on one of my Dreams (I’ll talk about it in a Future blog post)
Note: I have received no compensation for writing this piece. Please consider supporting my and others’ writing by becoming a Medium member with this link.
A new year means, new resolutions. A good resolution to have in 2022 is doing a career pivot and become a Data Engineer. I am sharing with you an updated version of my Data Engineering Roadmap. For every skill I’ve identified as essential, I am linking to THE BEST online course you can find on the matter. I am assuming you’re completely new to the tech industry so feel free to skip the steps and concepts you’re already comfortable with.
1. Programming Languages
Learn one / or two of the following Programming Languages (Python — Java — Scala)
- Python: https://www.udemy.com/course/complete-python-developer-zero-to-mastery/
- Scala Beginners: https://www.udemy.com/course/rock-the-jvm-scala-for-beginners/
- Scala Advanced: https://www.udemy.com/course/advanced-scala/
2. Learn Linux
- System Administration: https://www.udemy.com/course/linux-administration-bootcamp/
- Shell Scripting: https://www.udemy.com/course/linux-shell-scripting-projects/